Pure Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Pure Ylang Ylang essential oil is extracted from the star-shaped flower that grows on the Cananga tree. It has a deep, rich aroma that’s slightly sweet and floral. It is used by various perfumeries as a top note and is found in the popular Chanel no.5
As being one the most complex essential oils Ylang Ylang has over 100 different components present in substantial amounts, namely, linalool, geranyl acetate, germacrene-D, Benzyl acetate, methyl benzoate, farnesene, being a few.
Used in Aromatherapy, it is used for alleviating anxiety and lowering blood pressure in some people. Anecdotal evidence indicates that it’s calming effect may also make it beneficial for relaxation and for conditions such as headache.
Ylang ylang contains several allergens and should be used cautiously on skin.
Benefits of Pure Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- Reduces anxiety and promote a feeling of wellness and serenity
- Used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, improve mood, and enhance libido
- Its anti-bacterial properties helps your skin stay nourished, moisturized and softer
- Stimulates oil production in the skin and on the scalp and helps with inflamation with acne and other skin rashes
- Repels flying insects and kill bug larvae
- Known to have antifungal properties that work against any attack of fungal infection on the skin. Some studies state the use of this oil could eliminate conditions caused by Candida Albicans, which is a kind of yeast. They usually cause rashes and severe itching at the affected site
- Used for stress reduction, induses sleep, and also create a calm, peaceful environment when used in Aromatherapy
How to Use:
- Inhale after sprinkling a few drops of the oil onto a cloth or tissue, or by using an aromatherapy diffuser or vaporizer for calmness
- Keep romance alive in your bedroom with this warm, floral scent
- Rub Ylang Ylang on your wrists and neck to leave a calming, floral fragrance you can enjoy throughout the day as a perfume
For Topical Use:
- Mix 1-2 drops of the ylang-ylang essential oil to 1 teaspoon of any carrier oil, preferably Rosehip oil or Coconut oil, and massage it gently over the skin. Add it to your lotion or face serum or to enjoy its moisturizing properties
- Mix 1-3 drops with coconut oil for a deep-conditioning hair treatment that will leave hair smelling sweet and floral
- Use our Ylang Ylang Bath Salt to create a relaxing atmosphere to help you unwind after a long day
Make you own Perfume:
Take 40 ml of distilled water in a spray bottle. After this add about up to 7-10 drops of the Ylang-Ylang essential oil along with 2 teaspoons of Aloe Vera gel and blend it well. Shake the mixture in the spray bottle thoroughly and allow the ingredients to mix well. Next, spray it on the hair or skin, wherever you wish to, similar to any regular perfume.
View this post on Instagram
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product. Do not apply directly on skin (dilute with a carrier oil ALWAYS). Store in a cool, dark place. Essential oils are flammable. Can cause toxicity and is poisonous around pets and kids.