Pure Thyme Essential Oil
Pure Thyme Essential Oil is known by several names such as Common Thyme, Garden Thyme, French Thyme, Spanish Thyme, Tomillo, Van Ajwayan, Vanya Yavani. This herb is vouched by Ayurveda, Siddha, and Chinese practitioners for its effectiveness in treating a range of respiratory disorders including whooping cough, bronchitis, sore throat, stomach pain, gastritis, diarrhoea, skin problems etc.
The health benefits ofthymeessential oilcan be attributed to its properties as an , antirheumatic, antiseptic, bactericidal, bechic, cardiac, carminative, cicatrizant, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, , insecticide, stimulant, tonic, and a vermifuge substance.
Benefits of Pure Thyme Essential Oil:
- Thyme is packed with vitamin C and is also a good source of vitamin A. If you feel a cold/cough coming on, thyme can help get you back in good health.
- This essential oil contains chemical properties that naturally repel insects
- It is known for its antiseptic and disinfectant assets. It can be used as a household cleaner by those who prefer a greener approach to cleaning
- Thyme Oil helps aid issues with bacterial infections, urinary infections, rheumatism, viral infections, lethargy, sores, immunity, and wounds
- When diffused, it helps emotional release, understanding, patience, forgiveness and helps release rage, bitterness and resentment
- It is effective at reducing acne-causing bacteria
- When combined with a carrier oil, like coconut oil, and massaged into the scalp, can help reverse the effects of alopecia and encourage new hair growth
How to Use:
- Feeling mentally drained? Add a few drops to your day diffuser and promote a sense of alertness
- Add a few drops of thyme to a cloth and inhale; this essential oil is a great expectorant when you are dealing with a cough
- The oil helps to relax the body and allow the lungs, veins, and mind to open
For Topical Use:
- Add 3-5 drops to your shampoo to eliminate lice
- Add a few drops to your mattress to get rid of bed bugs
- Place a few drops on a cotton ball, place in your garden/patio to get rid of pesty insects
- Massage with a carrier oil to remove tiredness, and also help renew skin
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product. Do not apply directly on skin (dilute with a carrier oil ALWAYS). Store in a cool, dark place. Essential oils are flammable. Can cause toxicity and is poisonous around pets and kids.