Pure Bergamot Essential Oil
Pure Bergamot essential oil is a cold-pressed essential oil produced by cells inside the rind of a bergamot orange fruit (cross-breeding of a lemon and orange tree). It is used as a top note in perfumes. The scent of bergamot essential oil is similar to a sweet light orange peel oil with a floral note.
The bergamot essential oil is similar to lemon or orange essential oil & exhibits similar therapeutic properties of grapefruit essential oil including antiseptic, anti-microbial, antispasmodic, anti-depressant, deodorant, antibiotic, sedative, disinfectant, digestive and analgesic (pain-relieving) properties.
Benefits of Pure Bergamot Oil:
- Anti-bacterial properties thus helps in treating skin infections like acne, warts, boils, etc.
- Improves complexion by evening out the skin tone, clearing blocked pores, and also reducing various signs of ageing
- Improves hair texture, adds shine and stimulates hair growth. By effectively alleviating stress, it also prevents hair fall and premature greying of hair
- Offers extensive relief from pain and inflammation in case of arthritis and joint pain
- Used for stress reduction, depression, anxiety and meditation
- Induces sleep
- Strengthen skin and improve its tone and elasticity
- Astringent properties thus clears blemishes and acne
How to Use:
- Bergamot essential oil can be added to scent homemade candles and air fresheners
- You can also dab it in vaporizers to distribute its scent in a room or add it to potpourri
- Dab it on a bandana or handkerchief for a soothing scent on-the-go
For Topical Use:
- Mix bergamot essential oil with a carrier oil to use as a body lotion or for massage
- Apply bergamot oil mixed with a carrier oil directly to pimples, cysts, and blackheads
- Add two to five drops of Bergamot essential oil to products such as body wash, shampoo, and facial scrubs
- You can also mix the diluted oil into water or your favorite cleanser to use as a facial rinse
For Around Home:
- Anti-virus spray: Bergamot essential oil is one of the most effective essential oils for fighting respiratory viruses when diffused into the air-
Add: 15 drops Eucalyptus Oil, 15 drops Tea Tree Oil, 10 drops Peppermint oil and 10 drops Bergamot Oil with water – in a spray bottle. Just spritz this spray on carpet, furniture, or in the air of any room you desire.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product. Do not apply directly on skin (dilute with a carrier oil ALWAYS). Store in a cool, dark place. Essential oils are flammable. Can cause toxicity and is poisonous around pets and kids.