Eucalyptus is a fast-growing evergreen Australian tree that has been widely introduced elsewhere. It is valued for its timber, oil, gum, resin, and as an ornamental tree.
Eucalyptus oil is the generic name for distilled oil from the leaf of Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus trees belong to plant family Myrtaceae which is native to Australia. Essential Eucalyptus oil has a history of wide application, as a pharmaceutical, antiseptic, repellent, flavouring, fragrance and industrial uses. (source)
Health Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential oil;
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil is highly effective for treating respiratory problems such as COPD, bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma and even tuberculosis.
- Eucalyptus leaves incorporate tannins which are utilized for treatment of irritation. The oil got from the leaves and branch tips contain cineole, which is a natural antiseptic.
- The antimicrobial and antibacterial capability of eucalyptus has been harnessed for use in some dental and mouthwash preparations.
- Eucalyptus oil is a standout amongst the best Essential oils for a cough since it functions as an expectorant, purifying your body of the microorganisms and poisons that are making you cough and feel lousy.
- Eucalyptus oil is a standout amongst the best Essential oils for headaches pains since it might ease sinus pressure that can cause a ton of tension and pain. These outcomes appear to be most articulated when eucalyptus oil is mixed with peppermint oil.
- Eucalyptus oil helps to reduce joint pain. It is often recommended for patients suffering from lumbago, rheumatism, stiff muscles, sprained ligaments and tendons, aches, fibrosis, and even nerve pain.
- Because of its natural antifungal properties, eucalyptus essential oil can be used to treat fungal-infected toenails (onychomycosis), cold sores, jock itch, thrush, athlete’s foot, and ringworm.
Uses of Eucalyptus Essential oil;
- Immune system booster
- Skin irritation remover
- Effective in lowering joint and muscle pain
- Clears lungs and reduce inflammation
- Promotes faster healing of wounds, cuts and sores
Do not apply directly to the skin without a patch test first. Store in a cool, dark place. Keep away from moisture.