Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus is a fast-growing evergreen Australian tree that has been widely introduced elsewhere. Eucalyptus trees belong to plant family Myrtaceae which is native to Australia. It is valued for its timber, oil, gum, resin, and as an ornamental tree. Find the Eucalyptus Essential oil benefits and uses for skin and aromatherapy!
Eucalyptus essential oil is the generic name for distilled oil from the leaf of Eucalyptus. Essential Eucalyptus oil has a history of wide application, as a pharmaceutical, antiseptic, repellent, flavouring, fragrance and industrial uses. (source)
Benefits of Eucalyptus Essential oil:
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil is highly effective for treating respiratory problems such as COPD, bronchitis, pneumonia, asthma and even tuberculosis.
- Eucalyptus leaves incorporate tannins which are utilized for treatment of irritation. The oil got from the leaves and branch tips contain cineole, which is a natural antiseptic.
- The antimicrobial and antibacterial capability of eucalyptus has been harnessed for use in some dental and mouthwash preparations.
- Eucalyptus oil is a standout amongst the best Essential oils for a cough since it functions as an expectorant, purifying your body of the microorganisms and poisons that are making you cough and feel lousy.
- Eucalyptus oil is a standout amongst the best Essential oils for headaches pains since it might ease sinus pressure that can cause a ton of tension and pain. These outcomes appear to be most articulated when eucalyptus oil is mixed with peppermint oil.
- Eucalyptus oil helps to reduce joint pain. It is often recommended for patients suffering from lumbago, rheumatism, stiff muscles, sprained ligaments and tendons, aches, fibrosis, and even nerve pain.
- Because of its natural antifungal properties, eucalyptus essential oil can be used to treat fungal-infected toenails (onychomycosis), cold sores, jock itch, thrush, athlete’s foot, and ringworm.
- Immune system booster
- Skin irritation remover
- Effective in lowering joint and muscle pain
- Clears lungs and reduce inflammation
- Promotes faster healing of wounds, cuts and sores
Uses of Eucalyptus Essential oil:
- Always dilute Essential oil with a cold-pressed oil like almond or coconut for topical use on skin. You can add a 3-5 drops of Eucalyptus Oil, to a 30ml carrier oil for massages for sore muscles and aches and body pains/spasms.
- It stimulates the scalp, fights dandruff, and improves hair elasticity. Add one drop to your shampoo before applying.
- To fight Dandruff : simply mix two to four drops of eucalyptus oil with one to two tablespoons of coconut oil, apply to scalp, wait 20 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Create your own antiseptic wash at home for cuts, scrapes, and burns. Add 10 drops of eucalyptus oil to two cups of water and combine in a spray bottle. Spray a damp, clean cloth and wipe the wound.
- Tame the beard by adding 2 drops to 1 tbsp of carrier oil like argan/ grapeseed to make a beard oil!
- To make a eucalyptus inhalant for cough, cold or the flu; add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil to hot water and deeply inhale the vapor for 10-15 mins. Alternatively, you can also add 3 drops on your palm, and deelpy inhale 3-5 times covering your nose and mouth with the palms. Use a few drops in a warm bath/shower too for instant relief!
- Diffuse in an oil burner/ diffuser and use for aromatherapy for stress relief, headaches or even to keep the mosquitoes out of your home.
Do not apply directly to the skin without a patch test first. Store in a cool, dark place. Keep away from moisture.
Check these out!